PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING
Thank you for your interest in receiving your Covid-19 Vaccination through OmLife Health Clinic.
WE ARE EXPERIENCING AN EXTREMELY LARGE CALL VOLUME. WE CANNOT RETURN PHONE CALLS AS THIS TAKES AWAY FROM VACCINATION TIME.
Please review these FAQs as the may answer most of your questions before you start the registration process.
1. When registering, we ask that you take pictures of your government identification and your insurance card (if applicable). THE PICTURES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, but we sure would appreciate them as it makes our check-in process more efficient. If you are having difficulty with the registration, please ask a tech-savvy friend or family member to assist you. We do not offer a paper registration process and we cannot register you on-site at this time, as we lack the manpower.
2. When you are asked to pick an appointment, you will likely have to pick an appointment in future (you can change the month with the right and left arrows next to the month). We will move appointments to April as we are opening new vaccination dates on a weekly basis. This is due to the fact that we receive vaccine allocations on a weekly basis.
3. Our clinic is located in Tacoma’s Proctor District on the corner of 27th and North Proctor Street. We only offer vaccinations by appointment. We currently do not offer any walk-up service. We are in the process of opening a second location near the Tacoma Mall on 38th Street.
5. The Moderna Vaccine requires the administration of 2 doses. The second dose should not be administered earlier than 28 days after the first dose was administered. Per CDC guidelines published on January 21, 2021, there is no longer a maximum wait time, as such you may receive your second dose more than 28 days after the first dose. Ideally, you should receive the second dose no later than 42 days after the first one; however, if you do wait longer than 28 days, you will not have to restart the vaccine series. The Department of Health has reserved second doses and will automatically ship them as they are available. You will not have to schedule a second appointment. Our registration system will automatically contact you for your second appointment, as vaccines are available.
6. The Johnson and Johnson Vaccine (currently paused) only requires a single dose. We are currently offering both vaccines. Click this LINK for a comparison of the different vaccines currently available in the U.S.